Thursday, March 27, 2014

What I've Been Reading

It's been a while since I did a post about what all I've been reading so here's a little re-cap!!

I started the year off by FINALLY finishing Torn by Kim Karr. I absolutely love her Connections series and I can't wait for me. River Wilde is very high on my book boyfriend list so if you haven't met him, do yourself a favor and start with Connected (now in paperback at popular retailers like Target!)

I also read Eversea by the lovely and talented Natasha Boyd! Talk about another hunk! Jack Eversea is to die for. I still need to finish this series with its follow-up Forever Jack. Can't wait to see what happens!

While I read it during its initial drafting, I recently re-read Hushed by my very good friend Britni Hill to prepare for its release. It's such a sexy, sweet read. If you are looking for something with just the right amount of angst and a perfect amount of steam, get this book!

One night when I couldn't sleep I started a novella on my Kindle called With This Ring by Savannah Leigh. Well it didn't take long for me to devour the novella only to find out that the sequel, I Thee Wed, was a full-length novel! Yippee! These books were so HOT! And very cute too! It's a fun story of 'pretend love turned real love'. The novella is the perfect hook so there's no way you can finish it and not want to dive right into the novel.

I get on a theme kick in some books and I can see that from the majority here already I'm on a fame kick! That makes a ton of sense to me seeing as how the Confession Records series I've been working on is all about the music industry and famous folks as well as the erotic romance I'm working on which features a famous actor as the hero! Another fame-driven read I loved was the quick and sexy The Rocker That Holds Me by Terri Anne Browning. There are quite a few more books in this series I want to read eventually. Love the band, love the tour-life setting. Great book!

He may not be world famous but Jack the Stripper aka Ryan from Strip Me Bare by Marissa Carmel, is one hell of a book boyfriend! I adored this book! I wasn't sure how I would feel about a male stripper as the heroine's love interest, especially knowing he had run away from her 5 years prior to the events of the book. Boy, was I wrong. This book had a great mix of sexiness, family drama and honest to goodness love. I cannot wait for the prequel!
New cover! Holy hell!
On top of these books I also had the pleasure of beta reading The Billionaire & The Barfly by Adrianne James (coming March 29th!! a very sexy romance between a geek-chic billionaire and a girl who can't seem to settled down) and One to Protect by Tia Louise (coming April 2014. The 3rd installment of the One To Hold series and a second glimpse at Melissa and Derek!) I loved both of these books and can't wait for their release so I can share them with my friends!


And lastly I had the chance to read drafts from Lisa J. Hobman of her up coming series and from M. Katherine Clark from her paranormal historical series that she is currently shopping!

I consider myself very lucky to be able read advanced copies, rough drafts and finished books by not only authors I admire, but people whom I call friends! Check out all of these books or add them to your TBR list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment