10. My Day Job : Some of you may not know that I spend the majority of my days making a living as a hairdresser. I have a great group of amazing clients and I truly enjoy the creativity that hair styling allows me. I'm thankful for the fact that I enjoy my job, the people I see every day and that I have been able to be successful.
9. Fellow Authors : Facebook and Twitter have helped me 'meet' some incredible fellow authors who are supportive and helpful with tips. I have a few authors I call 'friend' and those relationships are even more treasured. I am thankful for Britni Hill, Julie Young, Christine Johnson, Adam L. Garcia, Caitlyn Duffy, Katie Andrews Potter, all the Rebels and tons more!
8. 2012 : This year has been so full of amazing opportunities and exciting endeavors. I'm thankful that in a year that is supposedly ending on December 21st I've been able to make sure I beat the clock on achieving a few of my dreams.
7. Readers : It's sometimes still hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that people are reading my book! From getting emails, reviews and requests for more novels I am beyond thankful for readers of The Low Notes.
6. Words : I'm thankful for words. Simple as that. Words are my life and without them I would have a lot less joy.
5. My Friends : I have an astounding group of friends. They are some of the most fun, strong, hilarious and supportive people I know. I am thankful for relationships that feel like family created by fate.
4. My Family : Two siblings, three sister-in-laws, one brother-in-law, three nieces (and one on the way), one nephew, mom and dad, the in-laws and everyone beyond that--you are all amazing and I would be so much less without you.
3. Sampson : My first (and for right now, only) baby! He puts up with me typing away and he sits by me for long hours while I drink my coffee and work. Thankful for my furry child.
|Photo of Sam courtesy of Eliza Marie Photography|
2. My Husband : Unending support, unconditional love and unpredictable fun! Adam makes me a better person and he has treated me to an amazing marriage for five years. I am so thankful to have found and married my best friend.
1. My Health : Without this I would be nothing. I am thankful I can stand on my feet all day and do hair. I am thankful my fingers work tirelessly writing novels. I am thankful my mind is clear and full of ideas. I am thankful to see the beauty in the world, smell the fragrances of the seasons, hear and be inspired by music, feel the keys beneath my fingertips and eat, sleep and breathe love, life and passion.
This holiday season, no matter how you celebrate, take a moment to ponder your own top ten list of thankfulness. Bonus : I am thankful for anyone who takes the time to read my blog, so thank you :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!!