Friday, January 10, 2014

Madison Street : The Author Interview

Today I'm talking to author, Madison Street! Her debut novel is on it's way so let's get to know her!



Madison Street was born in New York City and was raised in the Bronx, where she resided until she was 17 years old. After 9/11, Madison joined the United States Navy to serve her country. During the deployments, Madison constantly wrote short stories and she discovered her passion for writing. You will find Madison always on the computer, whether she's on Facebook, designing websites, messing with Photoshop, or writing for her blog.
Besides writing, her second passion is music and dance. Even though she's a terrible singer, she’ll still belt it out in the shower, especially if the song is her jam! She currently resides in Virginia with her husband of 8 years, 2 children, a dog, and a cat. She is so excited to start this amazing journey and is honored to be part of such a compassionate and loving community.

What genre do you like to write?


Well, my debut novel, Little Things is a romantic suspense. I’ve always loved a good hot-steamy romance but there’s just something about a suspense thriller. I want the reader to be on the edge of their seat and practically having a heart attack while reading my novel. But also feel the love between my characters and have their hearts melt. Well that’s my goal anyways. 


Is there another genre you would like to try at some point?


I’m a really huge fan of Erotica so I might tackle that one day.


Do you have a writing ritual or a certain way you like to get ready to write?


I have to be alone in my room with my headphones blaring music in my ears. Music is such an integral part of the writing process. Music expands my mind and I come up with the best plots listening to music.


Tell us about one of your characters you loved writing:


I love both of my characters; they are my babies. Duke is the ultimate hero. He loves Raya so much and will do anything to protect her. His love for Raya begins as a friendship and then blossoms into something much more passionate, during the span of 5 years.


Raya is not your typical heroine. Her life is not easy because she experiences moments of family tragedy, neglect, and abuse. But what I love most about her is she never gives up hope. Hope that one day, she will overcome her inner demons and fight her way out, to build a better life.


Was there ever a time you felt like giving up? If so, what changed?


Actually, I gave up about 8 years ago. I was only 21 years old, just married, and just had my second child. I was always so busy and lost my love for writing. It wasn’t until about 6 months ago, that I started a blog and have met so many amazing authors, that I finally decided to follow my dream.


What advice would you give to an aspiring author?


Never give up and always follow your heart. The author/blogger community is absolutely amazing and there are so many people out there willing to help. All you have to do is ask. 


What is your current obsession (absolutely anything)?


Well, I just finished reading Chasing Olivia by Micaela Smeltzer and I am seriously going through some heavy withdrawal! I’m hoping to read a few more books this month. On my list are Night Owl, Banded Together, Alluring Seduction, and A Tragic Wreck.
And just for fun how about a teaser from Little Things!?

You can find more out about Madison and her upcoming novel, Little Things by liking her on Facebook  and stalking her on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment