Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dream Come True

It was roughly 1:40 in the afternoon and I was yet again obsessively checking my email on my phone. When you're waiting on an important email there is nothing worse than seeing '15% off at Old Navy' in your inbox. But I was starting to get used to it. I was getting used to not sleeping, to thoughts racing and to mild anxiety throughout the day.

Then the email I had been waiting for finally came. A publishing contract for my novel. My baby. I'll admit it freely, I cried. I hugged my husband and started sending about a million text messages to my friends and family who had supported me through the whole process.

Throughout the day is when it really started to hit me. Author. I was suddenly and from then on, considered an author. The waves of realization were coming quickly. People would be reading it. My family would read it. My clients would read it. Strangers would read it.

The butterflies definitely began to stir. But aside from the nerves there was such excitement I could hardly stand it. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops, roll my car window down and tell every person that happened to be next to me at a stoplight.

"Excuse me, I'm freaking getting my novel published, have a good day!"

Literally having a dream come true is something I had only experienced once. My wedding day. And even in that instance it hadn't always been the same dream. My wedding day had evolved in my mind over time and then only solidified as a vision once I met my husband and started seriously planning.

This dream however, the dream of my writing published, my name on a book, it's always been the same. And now it's real!

So stay tuned people, The Low Notes is coming soon from Rebel Ink Press and I couldn't be happier! Thanks to everyone who supported me, encouraged me, left me alone to write, inspired me and anyone who simply cared. It has meant so much and now I can honestly say that dreams do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment