Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book Geek!

This week I had the opportunity to meet a famous author! Meg Cabot (author of over thirty novels, most notably the Princess Diaries series) was at my local Barnes & Noble store for her newest release in the Heather Wells series, Size 12 and Ready to Rock. 

Totally cool!!

She was very kind to the entire crowd and was so funny! It was so reassuring to listen to her speak about how long she tried to break into her career as an author. It took her four years of rejections before someone picked up her first novel.

Clearly she found success but hearing her backstory reminded me how lucky I am to have found a publisher relatively quickly. It made me hopeful for my budding career and motivated me to want to get back on my writing so I can be submitting again by the end of the year. 

So, we met and she signed my copy of Size 12 and Ready to Rock...and she was more than gracious about accepting a copy of The Low Notes in case she felt like taking a peek! Can't hurt, right?

Me and the lovely and talented Meg Cabot (glasses are sexy and that's a fact!)

In two weeks I'll be meeting another famous author (one of my favorites), Emily Giffin, on a road trip to Chicago. Hopefully some of their success will rub off on me and I'll being on a US book tour before too long!!


No comments:

Post a Comment