Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday : My Writing Needs

10. Music - I need music while I write. Generally I put together a playlist that will get me in the mood for whatever I'm writing. You can find my playlist for The Low Notes here!

9. Laptop - In a pinch, I'll write longhand. On rare occasions I'll write using my iPad. But my trusty laptop is my preference.

8. Notes - Generally I have an outline or at least some character profiles to look over while I write. They tend to be pretty crucial.

7. Refreshments - Depending on my mood and the time of day it's either coffee, hot tea or wine for me.

6. A Clean House - They say a cluttered home makes for a cluttered mind. I'm not sure if that's what it is for me or if I just need to not feel like I have anything else that needs to be taken care of before I write but having a clean home eases my mind enough for me to write. My office tends to stay nice and tidy, you can see it here!

5. Weak Signal - Beware the Internet! The infamous time-wasters Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google need to be nearly inaccessible for me to focus.

4. Freedom - Meaning : the dog has been fed and walked, the husband has been fed and is occupied with homework, the dishes are done, I'm off duty from work and the phone is on vibrate. Freeeedom!

3. Inspiration - I know it's time to write when I've been talking to myself in the car for a week, plotting during haircuts and dreaming of romance novels.

2. Time - Sigh.It's probably my biggest hurdle in writing. With my day job, family and social life, I have to work very hard to make the time.

1. Ideas - Currently I have 8, yes EIGHT, works in progress. I'm trying my best to focus on 3 or less with the hopes of finishing one of them by the end of this year. I will never complain of having too many ideas because it will be the thing that creates a career for me but sometimes...I wish they would wait to pop into my head until I am finished with one project.

No comments:

Post a Comment