Friday, May 18, 2012

The Low Notes : The Soundtrack

Movies get a soundtrack so why shouldn't a book? The funny thing about this soundtrack is that there have been so many versions starting with one in high school. There aren't any songs on this version that came from the original but I had to stay true to my story. These are the songs and artists that played in my head and on my computer while conceptualizing, writing, editing and ultimately submitting.

1. Save Your Love For Me by Jane Monheit
2. Masters in China by Priscilla Ahn
3. I Fall to Pieces by Patsy Cline
4. Dreams by Brandi Carlisle
5. Our Day Will Come by Katherine McPhee (from the TV show SMASH) *
6. Oh Dear by Brandi Carlisle
7. I Want You To Want Me by Letters to Cleo
8. Wicked Game by Gemma Hayes
9. I've Got to See You Again by Norah Jones
10. The Blower's Daughter by Scala and Kolancy Brothers
11. Make You Feel My Love by Adele
12. Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk
13. Sea of Love by Cat Power
14. Say Goodnight by Beth Neilsen Chapman
15. Wreck of the Day by Anna Nalick
16. Bluebird by Sara Bareilles
17. I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

* Originally I preferred the version by Amy Winehouse until I saw the episode where Katherine McPhee sang this song. It's too perfect not to include.

So there you have it. I hope some of you take the time to listen to a few of these songs. A lot of them are fantastic and unexpected covers. It's clear I love music and so do Kevin and Nina. You can purchase The Low Notes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment