Thursday, September 6, 2012

Eliza Marie : The Artist Interview



I've mentioned before that I love connecting with other creative people, artists included. Today I'm interviewing a very talented photographer named Elizabeth Marie. Her business Eliza Marie Photography is local to the Indianapolis, IN area. She did a great job doing my professional author portraits and today we are talking about her work. Be sure to check out her links at the bottom of the page and get a glimpse of some of her favorite photos throughout the interview.


When did you know you wanted to be a photographer?

I've always enjoyed art, and taking photographs. When I took a step back and actually thought about what I wanted to do for a career, I kept coming back to photography. It's definitely not an easy business. New photographers pop up every day, the market is saturated, but it takes more than just a good camera.




What do you love about being behind the camera?

Creating art. Capturing memories for individuals and families. Freezing moments in time that will never happen again.
 
What/who inspires you?
 
I'm inspired by individuals who chase their dreams and make them a reality. Not necessarily in photography, but in great ideas, small businesses, etc.



What are your favorite types of photo-shoots to work on?

I really love shoots where I have complete creative control... Taking an idea that popped into my mind, and turning it into a photograph. I also love photographing children, families, and young adults.

Do you enjoy collaborating?

 
Yes!!! I love working with hair & makeup artists to make a vision come to life. I also love working with other photographers, and realizing how differently creative minds "see" things.



Are there any other creative endeavors you enjoy? If so, what?
 

I like to attempt crafting... 

 

What is your current obsession (it can be anything!)?

The new Smashing Pumpkins album, "Oceania". It's amazing! 


Thanks so much for sharing your work with us Elizabeth! You can find more about Eliza Marie Photography here :


No comments:

Post a Comment