Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Layla Swanson : The Character Interview

This is my first time interviewing a character and I couldn't be more excited to be interviewing Miss Layla Swanson! Layla will be making another appearance in Britni Hill's upcoming novel From the Rubble due out later this fall. If you have read the first book, Tears in the Rubble you'll be anxious to hear some of these answers and if you haven't you're in luck too (there's no spoilers).








So Layla, what’s life been life after high school?

Life since high school has been…interesting. 

You left Hollow Oaks for the city, are you happier in a metropolitan?

I love Hampton.  The noises of the city and all of the fun places to go and discover, but there’s just something about the stars in the country.  I miss that.

What’s been the most exciting thing to happen since getting out of the small town?

So many things have happened since I left Hollow Oaks.  One of the biggest things is getting my job.  I manage a small boutique in the arts district.  I could really go on and on about…uh...exciting things.

You’ve always seemed career motivated, what are your career goals for the future?

I think my main goal is to have a place of my own eventually. 

What’s your dream job?

I’d love to have my own fashion line, but I don’t really have the creativity for it.  I have the eye to spot trends and dress people but creating my own pieces has never worked out.

Do you find time to date? If so, are you seeing anyone? What ever happened to that high school boyfriend of yours….?

Time to date…no not really.  I’ve never really found anyone that was worth the time and my life is kind of complicated to say the least.  Taylor’s around.  He’s not my biggest fan anymore.

How different do you think your life would’ve turned out had you not left for college?

I really couldn’t say.  That wasn’t an option for me.  I guess finding out the answer to that question always terrified me.  I could just see myself with a bunch of kids sitting at home all day with nothing to do, still going to the high school football games.  Nope, not for me.

When you look back at high school do you consider it to be the best time of your life?

The best time, no.  I’d have to say I think the best time of my life lies ahead of me.  I’m having a great time now, but I think it will just get better.

What’s your current guilty pleasure?

Shoes.  Always shoes.

What’s next for you?

I don’t know.  I’ve learned a lot in the past years.  There would have been a time when I had a plan for everything, but plans generally don’t go as expected, so I try not to depend on them.  I try to go with the flow.

Thanks to Layla for chatting with me today!

You can purchase Tears in the Rubble on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bookstrand and ARe. And look for the sequel From the Rubble coming soon. For more information on both books and the author, go to Britni Hill's website.



1 comment: